Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2006

World Series 2006

If you don't know the big loser for this match up is Fox Broadcasting with heavy wager on this World Series getting big ratings. Well that bet is a huge Underdog with the big market teams, named Yankees & Mets, out of this picture. The brain trusts of Fox wagered on New York/New York series or New York/Los Angeles series and basically lost. Now to minimize their losses the best hope is the series to go 7 games, fat chance. Maybe they'll be better off following my selections.

I'm already on Tigers taking the World Series and that was published long ago in late regular season.
For the first game of World Series I plan to take St. Louis Cardinals with rookie Reyes against the rested Detroit Tiger and Verlander. I'm playing into the long rest for Tigers having adverse effects coupled with Verlander not showing his top stuff in the Post Season, but I'm also weighing the impressive stretch of playoff Underdogs. Cinderella teams in post season making it to World Series have always played tough and there's bit more magic to the Cardinals than what I felt with Houston last year. I'm not looking to hedge the Tigers on the series it's a good play with value on the first game and public is all over Detroit today.

Stay tuned for my selection. Just looking for a spot to pull the trigger.

SLC +180 for 2 units(W)
1-0 +3.60 units

No comments: