Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres
The NL west will be the featured game today. Got a couple of familiar pitchers taking the mound, Josh Beckett for the Dodgers and Clayton Richards for the Pads, in a home opener for San Diego. Both of these clubs are showing up at the bottom of MLB scoring and as the history goes pitchers control the game at PetCo Park and both of these clubs are known for pitching, right? Well, both pitchers did start a bit shaky and we do have a very low total of 6.5 on the board. But the other factor here is maybe San Diego is forcing some changes to this pitcher friendly confines. This park has been reconfigured to make it a bit easier for the ball to get out. Like the idea? let's see if the theory holds up in real game situation. Richards is a home run pitcher and Josh is not going to over power hitters. Taking advantage of the smaller park.
This is the new PetCo Park.
• The distance down the right-field line will remain the same at 322 feet.
From the right-field porch to the right-center field gap, the fence
will be moved in 11 feet and lowered to match the sub-eight-foot height
in left and center field.
• The out-of-town scoreboard will be relocated.
• At right-center field, the distance will decrease from 402 feet to 391 feet.
• The distance at straightaway center field will remain the same at 396 feet.
• The deepest portion of the left-center field gap will be decreased from 402 feet to 390 feet.
The home bullpen will be reconfigured to allow for the visitors'
bullpen to be relocated from the field to the area behind the home
• The dimensions from left-center field to the left-field foul line will remain the same.
• The distance at straightaway left field will remain the same at 357 feet.
• The distance down the left-field line will remain the same at 336 feet.
Going Over for the Opener in San Diego.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Game Total OVER 6.5 at -108 for 1 unit(W)
3-9 San Diego, hows that for going Over!