Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Grapefruit League

I've got to watch couple of Yankee games, one at Legends field and another at Progressive Energy field, my feeling is the projected line up is not quite up to to their potential. I was expecting Yankees to run up the score against the D-Rays, but Shields did a pretty good job.
A-Rod doesn't seem to be up to speed and Matsui doesn't seem to be up to speed. The Pitchers are looking pretty impressive though. If I was feeling bit more daring I would go against the Yanks and take a shot with visiting Pirates today, I think you can get the Bucs at +150 or so, but it looks like good chance of rain and I have not seen Mussina on the mound. Going against the National League at Legends field today Torre might mix the line up a bit and give some of the young guys a chance to play. That means good value for the visiting Bucs with short distance travel from Brandenton. One advantage I do have being in Tampa is I'll get a peak at the starting line up when it first comes out unfortunately I'm not going to carry my computer around so at this point this game is a no play. Too bad there's no totals for the games out NYY games have been low scoring for the first two games which is unusual for March games and very likely to erupt soon.

Another come from behind win for the Yanks second game in a row! The rain did come, but it didn't stop the game. I'll be looking forward to the match up with Detroit Tigers on Monday when the new Japanese pitcher Kei Igawa takes the mound. Tomorrow's game will feature Pavano on the mound for the Yanks on the away game, but no wager here as it looks like a split squad will go on the road trip.

No comments: